Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Easy hidden journaling

Most scrapbookers admit that journaling is an important part of a layout. Some of us start with our journaling and some of us fit it in at the end, but all of us know that it's a necessary part of recording our stories.

I personally tend to be a "fit it in at the end" kind of journaler. Sometimes I find myself editing what I want to say to get it to fit around the photos and embellishments I've already placed on the page. That's where hidden journaling is so handy. It lets you put in everything without having to save tons of space. This month I created a space for hidden journaling and an extra photo with an easy hidden journaling technique. All you need is a large photo and some double-sided patterned paper.



For this layout I cut a large photo mat out of the double-sided patterned paper with about an extra inch and a half on the left-hand side, which I folded over the front. Then I matted my photo with a piece of solid cardstock. I put my adhesive on the top left-hand edge of the photo, laid it in place on the large mat, and folded over the flap to glue it in place perfectly. Underneath the photo I have a block of extra patterned paper, another photo, and my journaling block. You could easily have all journaling or more photos here too!




thanks for stopping by!

erin
PS. My AC Thickers were too green for this paper... so I sprayed them with Robin's Egg Blue Glimmer Mist to alter the color slightly. As an added bonus, the letters got a bit splotchly looking from the beading of the Glimmer Mist on the surface. I think it helps them match the distressed edges of the paper!

3 comments:

Coffee said...

That is awesome, I had no idea there was basically a whole other layout underneath! Genius!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Erin - I love this idea! I can hardly wait until we get more double sided paper! Susie

Deborah Mahnken said...

Love this idea! I'm also bad about not leaving room for journaling :)