Thursday, May 21, 2009

Photo Enlargements

Sometimes you'll have one photo that really stands out. Why not enlarge it? I used a photo from our Easter egg hunt to enlarge to an 8x10, using the grassy area to handwrite my journaling. When I bought a coolpix camera in January I got a card for free prints every month - including one 8x10. So I thought I'd put it to good use!


My kit is the "Love Shack" collection from Bo Bunny. This group of papers has lots of bright colors - pinks, oranges, greens with a touch of muted teal. I matched them up with some of our photos from Easter - fabulous with our bright Easter eggs (even the Star Wars ones!) and my daughter's pink dress (what else?).

2 comments:

matushka said...

The big picture is fabulous and I love the handwritten journaling! I'm often afraid to write on photos so another option is to write the journaling on a transparency and layer it over the photo.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I really love your layout and I think I learned something... I am always trying to position myself so I can take a shot which includes a face. Your layout does not include a single shot with anybody's face and it is AWESOME! It really captures a moment in time and all the joy and energy of that moment.

Oh! I want your lawn...my grass is not half this lush! :)