Wednesday, May 27, 2009

There's No Place Like Home



This little HOME word album had been talking to me long before the Bo Bunny DT kits were ready for pick up. I had seen a similar album done in the Abbey Road paper line and just had to create one for myself in honor of the eleventh anniversary our house. What a long way it's come since the barren, red clay yard and bare, builder-white walls of April 1998!

The key to making this (and other similar books) sing is all the detailed cutting. I cut at least forty flowers, vines, leaves and other elements from the paper's patterned to achieve this effect. Frankly, not a lot of embellishments were purchased for this book - the decorative touches are mostly achieved through inking, layering and pop dotting the handcut items. Add a little ribbon and a few buttons and you are set. I know a couple of people at the store have told me that they have been making their own book from this sample. Just let me know via this blog, and I'll gladly leave the book at the store after the wall changes out on June 1 for a little while longer if you need it to finish your own "HOME" book.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Cute, cute, cute. I like that you used paper to make the decorative elements.