Saturday, May 23, 2009

"e" is for egg hunt by Susie

I had several snapshots of my niece from the annual family egg hunt this year and I wanted to get them all on a layout, and include pics of her interaction with my 3 kids. That meant a lot of pictures - 8 total - and I was a little concerned about the layout looking too crowded.I usually go for a block of pictures when I try to incorporate so many shots, but that just seemed too structured for this subject. So I twisted and I turned and I trimmed - and I finally captured the movement I was looking for - the elements look like they were just tossed across the pages! I loved the "Alissa" paper line from BoBunny and the spring-like feel it gave the layout.
The kit this month also had some fabulous die cut chipboard frames so I decided to use one for the title block. I was so excited that Debbie had some bright green flock which was a perfect match for these pages. A sprinkling of the sparkling little Flora Doodles flowers was the finishing touch! (Do you recognize the Heidi Swapp letter from last month?)





This is my favorite picture on the whole layout, so I triple matted it and added two more splayed mats to give it the most "weight". I am not much of a button girl, but with a little DMC floss, these pink beauties seemed to fit right in - I love how the graduated sizes help to frame the picture and draw the eye in.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I love charms. I love them. I love the way they add the perfect touch to a page. I found Mr. Easter Bunny in my stash. Layering him on top of another one of those cute pink buttons created a darling accent for the journaling block.

.
.
.
.
.

I do find a digital camera to be a useful tool when I am shifting elements around. Sometimes it is hard for me to keep track of where things were - and sometimes I look back and see something I really like. For example, in this picture, you can see how my 2 page layout almost became a one page layout. In fact, I am going to reproduce this one page layout as a Father's Day gift for my brother-in-law.
.
.
More and more I find myself duplicating my favorite pages as gifts because although I can't bear to give the originals away, I know how much they would be appreciated. Once the design work is done, making it a second time is fast & easy. Have you created any pages recently that are just begging to be shared? This one is going to look great framed and hanging on the wall for others to enjoy. Be generous! Make a gift! Share your talent!

No comments: