Friday, May 29, 2009

Goin' for the Grid

I really liked all the patterns in the Bo Bunny collection this month. A great way to highlight different papers is to use them as a background grid. Using a little bit of each pattern with a lot of solid cardstock lets you show it off without it looking too busy.


For this layout, I used 3 x 3 blocks of patterned paper in a grid behind my photo. To help the photo stand out I mounted it on a piece of Hambly transparency and backed it with a slightly larger piece of cardstock on the back of the transparency and peeking out around the photo. The three layers were then added to the layout with 3M adhesive squares. A few flowers, circles, brads, and some Bo Bunny cream chipboard elements (coated with Glimmer Mist) finish it off!


thanks for stopping by!

erin

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love the lettering on this along with the blocks...you hit this one out of the park, I heart it!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I love the way you matted the pic BEHIND the Hambly - I would have done it in front. And I need to get my glimmer mist out...