Saturday, May 16, 2009

Becoming You - by Loretta Cooper



This month's design team kit made me nostalgic. It made me remember how much I used to enjoy scrapping when my boys were little pudgy baby things. Now through the magic of digital photography, I have access to all those old film shots.

(Side note: Take your old negatives to Costco and let them digitize them. It's cheaper than you think, and suddenly you have all those wonderful old photos as accessible for your projects as yesterday's digital snaps!)

Anyway, since I had these old baby pictures on disc now, and this sweet BoBunny paper to work with I decided to take a stroll down memory lane. The layout itself is pretty typical of "my style" (whatever that is...) but the journaling is all about my oldest son growing up. Essentially it's a love note, telling him how much I enjoyed his baby years and how I can see the hints of the young man he is becoming today in these baby photos.

It was a wonderful project.
Looking for a little inspiration? Stop by the store and stroll through all the great design team projects. You can also find all the materials we use for these projects compiled in the same place near the DT wall. A little kick start to get your scrapping mojo going!

Have Fun,
Loretta

3 comments:

Esther said...

Thanks for the tip about converting old negatives to disk. I must do that. Your layout inspired me to get my daughter's childhood pictures out. I like that you included many pictures in the layout.

Coffee said...

How did you do the journaling? It looks great in person!

SharonVM said...

I like the effect of your journaling as well - really nice.