Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cards for Mother's Day

Mother's Day is just around the corner. Need some card ideas? Here's a couple I made from this month's Bo Bunny kit. A homemade card would make a wonderful gift for any mom!


To make this card, start with a chipboard frame. This is an adhesive frame by Bo Bunny. Cut a piece of cardstock to fit your frame. I used Coordinations and sanded the edges to let the purple show through. Next cut your Bo Bunny paper to fit on the cardstock. Lightly trace around the inside of your frame on a piece of Hambly Screen Prints transparency and carefully cut out. Adhere the frame to the transparency then to the patterned paper. Finally, add a sentiment to your card.

For this card I started with some orange cardstock. I cut strips of paper from the Love Shack collection. I used a border punch on the green/pink paper before adhering. I added my sentiment onto a journaling square then cut out a flower from the same green/pink paper.

3 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I am never sure what to do with the Hambly transparencies. I keep picturing them in mini-books, but you did a great job integrating it in this card.

matushka said...

Wow, these are both wonderful!

Esther said...

I liked the use of the frame shape. It never came to me to use it on a card. Cute.