Monday, May 18, 2009

Quick Frame


So, I was walking through the craft store thinking about this month's projects and saw these blank wooden frames that were pretty inexpensive. I decided it was a perfect break from the mini-album rut I was stuck in. I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the frame. Make sure you cover all areas of the frame and then rub to get the air bubbles out. A trick I have learned is to take your bone folder and run it across your surface and that will help spread the glue under the paper and will help push out any air bubbles that have started under the paper. Then I just embellished it with some Bo Bunny chipboard and flowers. You could even use these to frame quotes instead of pictures. The possibilities are endless. If you ever need a quick gift, this is it!

4 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Great idea to frame a quote - this turned out so cute!
I actually hit the yard sales last weekend and scavenged some stuff to use as altered projects in the future. One man's trash is another man's treasure!

matushka said...

Great tip for the bone folder... I always end up with bubbles and it makes me crazy. I'll be trying this!

Esther said...

I use a rubber roller for removing the bubbles. This is good for the times you adhere paper or cardstock to chipboard.

SharonVM said...

The roller Esther is referring to is called a brayer. They are great for removing air bubbles and allowing complete coverage of your adhesive underneath the paper. I bought mine at Scrapbooks-Plus. Debbie orders them on request for folks if you are interested.