Friday, May 8, 2009

Spring Fling - By Loretta Cooper



"Tra La! It's May! The lusty month of May!" Everybody sing along now...

This month's kit was terrific fun to work with, lots of color, cool embellishments and bling.

I decided to try something I had never done before. Honesty, it didn't turn out quite the way I thought it would... but that's how ya learn.

The idea was simple: To add a little texture and dimension to white card stock.

I adore white card stock... I use large quantities of white card stock... but lets face it, sometimes white card stock can be... well. BORING.

So here's the idea. I tried the old 'color blocking' idea with just white. I machine stitched around the edges of all my blocks, and the roughed them up so there was a slight ruffle/distress look around the edges.

More successful was the layering of these embellishments.

Hope you have time this month to get into the store and pick up some of these great papers. You can find them in the back... in a special area where we keep all the design team projects.

If you like what you create, bring it into the store and Misty will be happy to photograph it and post it for ya! ... Right Misty?!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Misty Rose said...

I would love to photograph it...if I am there...keep in mind ladies...I am only there on Friday night and Saturday night...but there are others there ;)