Thursday, May 7, 2009

Birthday Layouts


I have a large family and we celebrate alot of birthdays. As a result, I find that I am always buying birthday celebration paper and embellishments only to find that I don't use them that often (but I still keep buying them!). When capturing birthday memories, I tend to turn instead towards paper not neceassarily meant for birthday layouts. When I first saw the Abbey Road line from BoBunny, I knew I had the perfect product for capturing the fun of my son Zach's 9th birthday party. He had this "Indianna Jones" theme going on - complete with a treasure hunt and jungle cake. The greens and brown of the line were too perfect - and when I saw those brown florishes in the kit - they instantly became "Tarzan's vines" in my head. Most everything on this layout was from the kit or a BoBunny product (like the silk flowers). I added some candy dots, orange letters and used my Cricket to cut the big green leaves from Bazzill cardstock - everything I used can be found at Scrapbooks-Plus.
This BoBunny line - with its double sides - is perfect for all kinds of birthday layouts - no matter if it is Abbey Road, Love Shack or Alissa - just what you need for birthday bash pages for kids of all ages!

2 comments:

matushka said...

I love how you added the swirls and flowers and still kept it a distinctly boy's page. LOVE the brown on brown patterned paper!

Coffee said...

I love the swirls and flowers! And I love how it works even on a boys page. As my nephews get older I find I use flowers less and less but you made it work so well!