Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fun with Frames

I had so much fun creating my altered project this month. I used the Create-A-Frame plain white frame which you can find at Scrapbooks Plus. The frame will hold a 4 x 6 photo and you can design it so that it can work for a horizontal or vertical photo – what more can you ask for in a frame?

When you open the frame, it is not assembled which makes it easier for altering. I chose to use a the orange paper from the Bloom & Grow paper to dub as a photo mat. I then covered the front of the frame with a more colorful paper from the same line. I used my ATG to adhere the paper and then used my X-acto knife to trim off the excess. I then filed the edges and applied some ink. I chose to “junk” it up a little with some accents from the chipboard like stickers and some Bazzill Pom-Pom ribbon.

This project went together in less than 30 min. and if I do say so myself I love the way it turned out. You could use this frame for all sorts of different occasions and you could definitely use it as a super fun, easy, economical gift for somebody special. The best part about this project is that everything is found at Scrapbooks Plus!


***for some reason Blogger will not allow me to add photos, please stay tuned***

No comments: