Monday, April 6, 2009

Boyd's Bear Country...


...we took our little boy to Boyd's Bear Country, because I am a collector...ssshh don't tell anyone...I have a secret passion for there super cute little kitties, and I have a piggy along with a black and white kitty that I inherited from my Grammy, when she passed away.
So I wanted to go check it out. It has been on my places to visit since I have moved to VA 4 years ago.
My Son gave me great inspiration when I went, so glad I brought my camera with me. There was so many things to take pictures of. The little paw prints in the parking lot were so cute, when we took William out of the car and he seen them he looked down and screamed "Mommy Blue is here, and look she left me a clue!" It was so cute, and one of the rare times I actually had my camera ready to catch some shots of him. He wanted to look and feel everything. Thank goodness this is one of those stores that you can allow them to do just that.
The layout is a simple little grid that I worked out to be nearly the same size on each side. The flowers I added a little diamond glaze to and I just cut them out of one of the papers that came in the kit, along with some candy dots that came in the kit. You can get them in many colors at Scrapbooks-Plus. (if you don't see a color you want ask a staff member they can get a order from you and when it comes in call you) I journal in my own handwriting as I do much of the time. Something for my son to remember be buy. The label and the tag came on the punch out sheet...
I wonder how many have this problem...when I really like paper...I struggle I don't want to mess it up and I want to do the paper justice...When I don't like the paper I can whip something out with no issue. I was not a fan of this months paper...but it sure came together nicely and I really like it now. Funny how that works out isn't it. You don't like it when you first see it, but then put it together and wonder "wow, why didn't I like that?"

6 comments:

matushka said...

Too funny with the pawprint! Love your big focal photo.

Lisa H said...

Great LO! I love how you used the diamond glaze to accent the flowers.

SharonVM said...

I've got to try this Diamond Glaze - I've used other "epoxy" type stuff in the past but not this - Does Debbie sell it at Scrapbooks Plus?

Misty Rose said...

Scrapbooks plus does sell it, it is located near the adhesive and stickles. Just between the 2 towards the bottom :)

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

This is a great layout - the pictures tell the story and the paper provides a nice background. I never even knew about this place and now I want to go! Journaling in your own handwriting definitely makes it more special - and I like the placement of the small die cut label.

Deborah Mahnken said...

I used to be a Boyds fanatic -- back before we got dogs that wanted them as toys! Really cute :)