Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fast Album


I love to make mini albums. To me there is nothing better than the feeling of finishing a project- sometimes when I think about the enormous amount of pictures I have to scrap for my 12x12 scrapbook it completely freaks me out! This is a quick and easy way to scrap pictures- and it works perfectly for a last minute gift project.

I took this idea from Simple Scrapbooks and have used it MANY times over and over. The main idea of it is that you use the same basic LO for each page but change the papers and embellishments. It's a really quick way to get a mini album done in one sitting!

I used most of the papers My Minds Eye papers that came in the DT kit this month in this mini book. I used the blackboard Scarlett album from Cosmo Cricket for the base. I covered one side of each page with paper, made a pocket, cut a 3" circle for my page title, and cut a journaling tag. The tabs for the journaling tag are actually flowers that I punched from the patterned paper- I just folded them in half and stapled them to the top of the tag. I sanded and inked the edges and I was done. I'd say from start to finish this album took less than 3 hours.

Next time you want to finish a project quickly, just try a "fast album" formula- you'll be glad you did!
Enjoy!
Lisa

4 comments:

SharonVM said...

I like the look of uniform mini albums - as well as how much easier it is to get them together fast!!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Thanks for such specific directions to scraplift this beauty! I like the hand stamped titles. I usually use a word processor, but stamping is so much faster...and adds character - thanks for the reminder!

matushka said...

The blackboard albums are a favorite of mine! This one is lovely!

Deborah Mahnken said...

Cool album! I just love those Cosmo Cricket blackboard ones :)