Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Springtime Canvas

For my off-the-page project this month I decided to decorate a canvas. You can get these pretty cheap at craft stores, and it's a nice way to personalize a child's room. To adhere the paper to the canvas I used Mod Podge - be sure to cover the entire piece of paper. To make sure it's really adhering I flip the canvas over on my desk and press down all over on the back side.

I left the edges of the canvas natural, but you could easily use a bit of acrylic paint or Glimmer Mist on the canvas before adhering your paper. The cloud was made from Co-ordinations cardstock. I lightly sanded inside the cloud in a circular motion to let a bit of the pink show through.

Thanks to Kelli Crowe for inspiration from her BPS class on paper piecing! I used her method for creating the tree and the cloud.

6 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Cute idea - and the canvas is not that expensive so it is a really cost effective way to decorate and justify buying more paper - YEA!!!

amybluestar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amybluestar said...

Um, LOVE this project! Very cool. If you like Mod Podge then I think you will like my blog -

World of Mod PodgeI'd love to repost your project there - and give you all of the well-deserved credit. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

I was totally of thinking of doing this for my bedroom, because I can't find any thing I like! I think you've convinced me! It is so beautiful!!! Great job!

matushka said...

This is *so* lovely! Too cute!

Abbie said...

Hi there. I just wanted to let you know I made this cute project:

http://forrestandabbie.blogspot.com/2009/09/e-room-every-single-detail.html

and it was featured here also:

http://placetobloom.blogspot.com/2009/11/its-not-small-its-cozy.html

I love it! This project actually inspired a lot of what I did in the room.