Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Patterned Paper - Making The Most Of It

Most scrapbookers use patterned paper in their layouts. Sometimes it's the base of a page, sometimes it's a photo mat, and sometimes it's something in between. I like to look at the patterned paper and see if there is another way to use it that will use the most of it's particular pattern.

When I saw the Bloom and Grow line's colorful vine paper, I knew that I wanted to use the curving shape on a layout. I started by cutting out a few curving pieces and placing them along the bottom of my 2 page layout. They help guide the eye from left to right as well as give a nice neat edge to my line of photos (which aren't perfectly straight underneath).


The extra that I trimmed off of one of the curves became a stem for this beautiful flower (I picked it up in Scrapbooks Plus from SEI's Ambrosia line) that frames the side of my Going for the Goats layout.

.
Take a look at your patterned paper and see if you have a new way to use it too!

thanks for stopping by!

erin

1 comment:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Great idea to use the vine for an elongated flower stem...but then, you always have great ideas Erin!