Monday, April 20, 2009

Yo-Yo Flowers

I found some fun fabric at a local store that just happened to match this month's paper by My Mind's Eye. So I decided to try something new this month - yo-yos. You can find a template to help you with these, but they're not that hard to make. Here I made them in two sizes and with a bit of ribbon, a button, and Bazzill Basics paper leaves - voila! flowers.

Got some scrap fabric laying around? You can find instructions and templates for making your own yo-yos here and here. They'd be awfully cute on cards as well.

2 comments:

matushka said...

I love yo-yo's but I've never tried to actually make them. Perhaps the card idea is just what I need to get me going! :)

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

My fabric collection rivals my paper collection. Scrapbookers and quilters have sooooo much in common. This is a nice cross-over technique - thanks for sharing!