Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Fling by Loretta Cooper


I loved this paper as soon as I saw it! Great choice Deborah. It's the Bloom and Grow line from My Mind's Eye. The inspiration for the layout was really the great colors in the line. As you can see I layered several prints and created chip board embellishments out of some of the coordiating stickers.

The oranged scallop piece was part of the kit, but I balanced it with a scalloped white stripe placed horizontally across the bottom. You can purchase all kinds of pre-cut scallops, but if you love the look you might consider investing in a cutter that includes various decorative blades. Debbie or any of the girls at Scrapbooks Plus can help you choose one you are sure to love.

Thanks for dropping by the DT Blog,

Loretta

6 comments:

Esther said...

Your balance is good so that the one picture is not smack in the middle. Skillful.

Lisa H said...

Love this LO!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

You have so many nice details in this I don't know where to start - matting the photo on white really lifts it for the viewer - you only used a little bit of white, but as I look at the layout,the contrast of the white really punches up all the other colors.
I have never used the strip journaling method but I really like it here and I think I may have to try it, and I will definitely ink the edges like you did. Great Layout!

Deborah Mahnken said...

I love all the covered & non-covered chipboard -- especially the little flower in the "i" of the title. What a great LO!

matushka said...

All the little details really make this special. Love the orange accents and the tied button centers. Just lovely!

SharonVM said...

I love decorative edges as well, but hate cutting them with those old "decorative scissors" we all bought at the box stores years ago. Scrapbooks-Plus has some great border punches from Fiskars in stock - "Threading Water" is one of my favorites and it gives a similar effect as the orange border in your layout. Love the look of all those border strips on this LO. Great work!