Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cordinating Core Papers by Loretta Cooper


One of my favorite new things from CHA this year is this coordinating paper. Here's the secret the "core" ... it's a different color than the exterior. Why would you want paper with a different color core?, you may well ask. The answer is, all the better to emboss with. I ran this paper through my Quick Kuts Revolution with one of their 4X4 inche embossing dies.... You can of course do that with any kind of paper... but here's where the really cool part comes in. Lightly sand the raised ridges with fine grade paper or one of the Making Memories Sanding Blocks (anybody can show you where they are in the store!) and voilia! I just LOVE the way this looks. After trying it out once, I rushed back to the store, and purchased about 20 pounds of this paper... This promises to be my new card making trick... plus it's just so much fun to see the color reveal itself!

Have Fun!
Loretta

2 comments:

SharonVM said...

I love the look! I bet you can create the same look with a stencil and a stylus. Very clever!

matushka said...

I have a lot of this in my stash... but I haven't done this technique yet. You make it look so easy I have to try!