Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Quick and Easy Card

I am *not* a card afficionado... but because I am a scrapbooker with tons of extra bits and pieces of patterned paper I feel obligated to make cards. It's kind of expected, right?



When I find a card design that I like, I use it over and over with different scraps and for different occasions. This month I created a card that I really *love* using one of the tags from the Bloom & Grow die-cut sheet. I always have extra tags from those sheets... I probably have tons of Basic Grey ones... and this is a great way to put them to use.






I started with a basic rectangle of patterned paper cut just slightly smaller than my blank card base. I added a strip of coordinating patterned paper from my scrap pile and a piece of the Bazzil just the the edge. The Bazzil looked too bright, so I toned it down with some Glimmer Mist (Simply Khaki - my favorite... little specks of gold, silver, and platinum). I tied a piece of ribbon onto the tag and placed it over the seams. Voila! Instant cute card... and with the tag blank I can fill it in for whatever I need: congrats, thank you, birthday, maybe even Mom? :)



thanks for stopping by!
erin

No comments: