Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bloom & Grow...



and grow, and grow! Several of my relatives and friends are having babies in the near future, so I have been thinking about baby gifts. I created a growth chart this month using paper from My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow Collection. It went together really quickly, using the birds from the die cut sheet. I did trim a couple of smaller birds out of the patterned paper to add a little variety. The heads of the birds are popped up to add dimension (because I never make anything just flat!). I placed the die cut journaling block at the bottom - the perfect place to add a little personalization.
A great companion to this gift would be to create a matching scrapbook to chronicle the baby's growth for the first year - one page per month so that all the new mom has to do is to print a picture and put it in place - and beyond...to cover the first 10 years. Imagine pictures taken next to the growth chart every year to include in the scrapbook (not that I was ever that organized, but some people are!).


I am actually getting very excited about this idea and am going to have to plan a class - anybody interested?

8 comments:

Lisa H said...

Such a great gift. Great job!

Misty Rose said...

Good Idea for a class you are so smart :)

Deborah Mahnken said...

This is such a stunner! I *wish* I had thought of something like this!!

matushka said...

Fabulous idea Susie!

Esther said...

I like the gift idea Susie. This is ideal to have already made up for those shower gifts. The book and the grow chart make a colorful decoration for the baby's room. You are so clever to think of this idea.

Kim said...

You are a rockstar! Love the idea!

SharonVM said...

Too Cute! You are SOOO creative, Susie-Q!!

Skye said...

What a great idea! I love gifts that are both beautiful and practical.

Skye- a Scrapbooks Plus customer and blog follower :)