Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wanting Spring by Esther


This was a follow up to my anxious desire to welcome spring many weeks ago. Since spring is slow coming in this year, the planning of this page was good for me. The flower seed packets were collected for the colorful flowers. When I began to plan the page, the packets were too large. They were scanned and reduced to fit with the Bloom & Grow papers by My Mind's Eye that are so bright & cheerful.

The journaling was done on the computer on vellum & photo paper. The potted tulips were rubber stamped on photo paper and colored with color pens. The large flower pot was a die cut I had purchased at ScrapBooks Plus some time ago. I often see things that would work for a page and add them to my stash, then do the page a year later. The orange flowers were made with a circle punch by Fiskars & buttons added to the centers.

As I post this, it is Easter and I am still waiting for spring to come & stay. Maybe, I will plant the seeds.

Tip: When adding color to photo paper, use Staz-on for the stamping and markers that are acid free & will not smear. I used Fiskars & Adirondack markers.

3 comments:

matushka said...

Love the photo-less layout! I've never been brave enough to try that. The flower packets are a lovely substitute.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

wow! I am impressed with the way you stamped and colored the tulips! And I see you added one of the die cut stickers from last month's marrakech papers - it works really well on this layout.

SharonVM said...

I too like those tulips - I would never have thought if stamping photopaper and coloring it in. Will definitely have to give that a go.