Friday, April 17, 2009

Changing my Embellishments!


Changing my embellishmets



Here's the final project , but here's how it was done
It's easy as Pie!  I took these birds (that I didn't want) and I covered them up with the journaling block to create the swirl effect that I really wanted.

I love to hide the things I don't like!


The letters I got, I wasn't thrilled with.  It was not me, so to changed them with my handy dandy sand paper!  You can see the "ABC" at the top is the normal, but after some flat sanding I have a great letter with some awesome pink edges!

Make sure that you lay them flat on the table and work little pieces at a time to get the desired effect that you want!

Here's the final project!  I hope that you can use these techniques in your layouts too!

3 comments:

matushka said...

Great ideas! I love the sanded letters. :)

Coffee said...

I love this layout! The letters look fantastic!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Personally, the birds worked for me (as did those PINK letters) - but love the way you chose to hide them under the journaling block - you are the master of disguise!