Thursday, April 23, 2009

Grad Box Classes!

I just wanted to take a minute to thank all the lovely ladies who have taken my Graduation Exploding box classes. I really appreciate the feedback I have gotten from everyone! It has been a lot of fun working with you all. I took a couple of pictures from class this past week and I wanted to share them.
.

Laurie finished a box featuring Miami University (Ohio - not Florida) and she did a great job! She even took the time to customize the laser cut frame on the top of the box by making the underlying base piece out of 2 colors (red & white) and mitering the corners just perfectly!

Jenny made a box for a relative graduating from school in Ogden, Utah! I have been told it is just the beginning - she has a few more boxes in mind, after she finds out the various school colors.

Kathy avoided my camera lens as she worked on a box for Paul VI - she claims to have been photographed over the weekend at one of the Debbie Shuh classes, but I have seen no proof!

Esther is working on a box to celebrate her High School Reunion: Womack Senior High Year - Class of 19 __ (the year is our little secret!) - fortunately, the tassels that go on the boxes allow you to customize any date. We needed to special order some Bazzill to get exactly the right blue to go with that gold cardstock. We are currently fine-tuning the logo piece created for the inside of her exploding box. The finished product is going to be a lovely momento for her to share with her classmates.

MaryAnn and Natalie were back for round 2 to work on boxes from Chantilly and Broad Run.




Here's a pic of Sandy and Sara taking turns using my Scor-pal to make EXTRA exploding boxes for Westfield and Park View. .I love all the different ways you all have chosen to personalize your exploding boxes - College graduations, high school reunions, and more - definitely a creative bunch of ladies! . .In addition to the area schools I mentioned above, Debbie has ordered a ton of new custom items for other local high schools - Centreville, Freedom, Thomas Jefferson, Fairfax, and Oakton to name a few. If you haven't been in recently, the extensive selection of custom papers, laser cut logos, picture frames, and graduation caps will blow you away! If you have a grad this year make sure you stop by the store to check it all out!

2 comments:

matushka said...

Love the pics, Susie! Thanks for sharing! :)

Esther said...

Susie, I was honored to be pictured in your blog on that clever grad box. Everyone should do this class. I am ambitious enough to think I will make 6 of them by September(two down.) When the paper and brads come, I will try. It is so much fun to see what memorabilia I can add to the pockets in the box. I am printing the photos in mini sizes. Great class & teacher!