Friday, April 30, 2010

Springtime Layout

The soft colors of the Clothesline paper line are just perfect for spring. I loved many of the little tags and shapes embedded in the patterns. To highlight them, and to move them where I wanted them to be, I cut out several and used them in my Springtime layout.


The bracket shape came from the reverse of the Backyard patterned paper and my title tag was part of the Spring Mix paper. To balance the layout I added another tag from the Spring Mix sheet at the top right corner and clustered some leftover strips of paper and a punched piece together. The layout needed something else.... so I pulled out the bling-studded rubons from Basic Grey. They repeat the white found on the distressed paper edges and the journaling around my photo. Each flower is a little different, but since they are similar, they work together just fine. I added a piece of ribbon with Tim Holtz' new tiny attacher... that tool is wonderful and the little staples are a great size. I hid a few extra staples under the title to hold the ribbon in place. It was much easier than any adhesive. :)

thanks for stopping by!
erin

1 comment:

Kim said...

Very pretty - love the picture of you & your daughter.