Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Paper Piecing



Card making is one of my favorite new hobbies. There are so many occasions where we need a card in an instant! One of my resolutions for 2010 is to make two cards each month. I am happy to say that I have stayed true to this declaration.


Paper piecing is one of the most beautiful art forms in crafting. The dimension achieved with a few pieces of paper and glue is amazing.

How to:
1. Create a 6x6 gate fold card. To do this, cut a 12x6 piece of cardstock. Punch each corner with a decorative punch. (I used a Martha Stewart Crafts punch)

2. Score at 3” and 9”. Fold inward.

3. Cut a strip of patterned paper and adhere it to left side of card.

4. Using a Sizzix strip die (Birds and Branches), cut your pieced bird image and assemble. The die has two bird images. Assemble both as you will be using one for the inside of the card and one for the card front.

5. Adhere the bird and branch to the right side of the card.

6. Cut a 5 ½ x 5 ½ piece of patterned paper for the inside of your card. Adhere

7. Adhere the second bird and branch die cut.

Thanks for joining me.

Robin

3 comments:

Michelle Custodio said...

I love the elegance of this technique and this will be perfect for card making. So cool.

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful creation.

Karen Bearse said...

These cards are stunning! I love this idea for a scrapbook page too!