Friday, April 9, 2010

Compromise


Here is the layout I made following Deborah's page map. I love the flow of this page especially the three circles in graduating sizes that happily create a visual triangle. I often use a visual triangle in my design to draw the viewer's eye into the focal point.
When designing this page I decided to let the theme carry over into the design, the theme being the compromise between what is girly and what is rough and tumble like a boy. I added a flower {girly} on top of bent metal mesh {all boy} and attached it with a brad that I altered to look like a screw. I also added a pretty yellow bow to accent the distressed looking ruler. Then I choose 2 different fonts for the single word title, one more feminine and the other more masculine. I distressed the edge of the title and attached it with a hat pin.

So how did Iron Man come to sit on a pink chase lounge wearing a tank top and mini skirt?
Here's the journaling:
"Aubrey wanted to play DOLLHOUSE
Cullen wanted to play IRON MAN
In the end they COMPROMISED"


1 comment:

Kate Sullivan said...

I LOVE this one!I can remember so many incidents from my kids' childhood that really made me laugh, and I am so impressed that you found a clever way to capture one. How original!