Friday, April 23, 2010

Inspired by Esther

I love a nice, clean layout, but I still tend toward messy, handwritten journaling. Computers are a great option for neatening everything up, but generally I am way too lazy to head over to the family room to use my computer to do the journaling. This month was different. I really wanted a layered title and none of my stamps, or stickers, or rubuns were quite right. Esther uses her computer all the time, and I decided that it was time to take a stab at it myself.




After a few false starts, I finally got the placement and color right. I printed the title and journaling on my background sheet of 8.5 by 11 cardstock. I used Photoshop Elements to create the boxes of text and line it up properly. After printing, I matted my photos on some of the coral patterned paper and bordered it with strips of the bright green reverse of another pattern. The tiny strip on top is actually the discard strip left after running the bottom piece through the edge punch. A tiny button finishes it off.



Thanks for the inspiration, Esther! It really was quite easy.

erin

5 comments:

Kim said...

Simply stunning.

Karen Bearse said...

Love the photos-especially the house peeking through the flowers-great page!

Loretta Cooper said...

This is so clean and lovely!

Deborah Mahnken said...

Love this page - and you know how much I like clean & simple! :)

Esther said...

You did it! Now wasn't that easy to use the computer for a clean look in journaling. Use a test page just to get spacing and size issues settled before printing final journaling. I like it.