Friday, April 2, 2010

10 Things I LOVE


When I saw this line from Little Yellow Bicycle I was so inspired. I love the embellishments that coordinate with these papers. Deborah Mahnken is the DOM this month and did a great job on this kit. This "10 things" pocket was one of my favorite elements of this line. It originally said "10 things I love about everyday life." I altered it using one of the card stock "Favorite Pieces" stickers to say "10 things I love about being a Marathoner." I cut the center of the green sticker out and replaced it with the pink paper on which I had printed "being a Marathoner."

In my design I kept some of the journaling tabs in the pocket and then scattered the rest around the layout to accent different photos. I also used some of the cardstock stickers that
coordinate with this line to embellish this layout. These stickers are very yummy, so much more than just an everyday sticker. For example this flower sticker {far right} came with the pink button attached complete with green thread ready to stick on a layout. Other stickers are made using thermography {thermography is a process that fuses powder and ink to create a raised surface design}. On these stickers the raised surface design is a bit glossy. I love the way they accent the paper from this line. Stop by the store to check them out!

Be Inspired!~Megan

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Great Job Megan!

Robin Shakoor said...

Terrific layout.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Sprinklingthe journaling tabs around the layout really makes this layout "speak"...great design...love the pictures. Really love that you did a layout about YOU!