Saturday, April 17, 2010

April Flowers........

Spring has sprung, the grass has rise, I wonder where the flowers is.........well anyway it goes something like that. I love to make lots of easy cards to have on hand. I don't necessary use a salutation until I'm ready to send it out. One of the printed sheets in the April kit was this pretty pink color. Great to make flowers out of for this time of year. I used two different size scallop punches to make the flowers. I added a flower for the center. Used the green paper I had left over from my biker dude layout and just hand cut the stem and leaves.
Jenni Bowlin put out some adorable butterflies recently. I thought this was a good time to use one. It matched the paper perfect. I used some embroidery floss for the streamer. Since there are a lot of circles going on I punched out 6 - 3/4" circles for the bottom border. Hand sewn a back stitch right down the center for a different look. It's cute but easy to do.

4 comments:

Megan Carey said...

What an adorable card! Love it.

Kim said...

Love it!

Robin Shakoor said...

I absolutely love this card! Terrific work!

Karen Bearse said...

Beautiful card!