Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Note About Motherhood

When I became a mother I knew one thing was for certain, I wanted to remember as much as I could about motherhood. I started journaling on note cards that I kept in a recipe box. When I saw a recipe box in the unfinished wood section of a local craft store I decided to use it to make a personalized journaling box for myself.
I love this system of journaling. It is a great way to store memories whether it is just for a period of time or permanently. Some of the things I write down are simply stored in the box until I scrapbook them. Since I can't scrapbook everything I am happy knowing that the memory is kept safe and sound here. If I know there is a pretty good chance that what I am journaling won't end up in the scrapbook I like to add a small photo or an embellishment. Here is an example. My son saved the day when a spider scared my daughter and she wrote about her brave brother. I simply used an extra photo I had of Cullen and cropped it down to 1.5 x1.5 and added it to the corner.


I developed a class to make this journaling box and embellish it using different techniques with distress inks. The box itself is distressed and the tag on top is altered using distress inks as well as other Ranger Ink products. Each of the 5 divider cards inside the box also has a different technique used to embellish it. The class is on Saturday May 8th from 10:15-12:15. If you are interested or have any question contact the store.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great idea!

Loretta Cooper said...

Terrific idea Meagan!

Taylor. said...

I Love this idea, it fits well with my own work and I have reposted the photo of your work as an example.