Sunday, April 4, 2010

April Challenge

Happy Easter! I hope the bunny was good to you.

So this was my page map design for the month of April & is also my challenge page ya!! In this Donna Downey inspired layout, I started by printing a book page & covering it in white gesso to fade, then highlighted some kite type words like cloud, splendor & heaven. The chipboard stems were crackle painted & distressed, the flowers were
painted using water color crayons. Some bling & gel marker accents added dimension. I added the "soar" ticket, also distressed - yes I am addicted & can't stop.

The large scallop circle was cut using cricut & distressed with Rangers Peeled Paint. I sprayed glimmer mist using the Bazill Edge strips to make one line & The actual sprayed strip to make the other.

So the challenge for this month is to use metal wire on a layout. I used green wire to make a circle surrounding my journal words. I also added beads as I wrapped the wire around, finishing with the little swirls.

Now get to scrappin & have fun!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love the way you used the circle! Very creative.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Using the Glimmer Mist and "negative space" to create one of the strips is brilliant...greta layout!