Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Through the Years Minibook



When I saw all this birthday paper I thought of different things I could do with it besides only birthday layouts. I had these Cosmo Cricket chipboard lacing cards which were eight sides front & back .... and my son just turned seven .... So I thought I'd put together a minibook of photos from every birthday (so far)!

When you're doing a minibook it helps to come up with a scheme. For this one I used the 1/3 - 2/3 approach using a piece of the Bo Bunny paper at the top with a photo at the bottom. I also decided not to cover the edges of the chipboard but leave it raw - it seemed more "boy" to me. Well, and I just love the look of raw chipboard.

I joined the pages accordian-style so that the album can stand up on it's own, making it easier to see how much my son has changed. Sigh ... they grow up so fast! You don't need lacing cards to achieve the same effect. Take your book pages and punch holes on both sides then use binder rings to hold it together.



I love this concept and I'm currently working on another one for my daughter!

No comments: