Monday, July 27, 2009

The Cutest Little Birthday Book





I just love the Basic Grey chocolate chip albums...this circle one in Milk Chocolate is especially easy to work with... and cute too! The last paper in my kit was the Doodlebug Designs paper - alot of which was PINK (which is particularly difficult for me to work with). We had a cupcake birthday party for our yellow lab puppy (who just turned one), just so I would have some material to work with this month. (I even bought her a pink tiara - being the princess that she thinks she is).
The brown of the album was easy to coordinate with the pink in the paper once I added a little brown ink. There was no need to ink the chip board because it was the perfect color already. I just cut circles from the paper with my Fiskars template and shape cutter. I punched the photos into 3 1/2" circles using the mega Marvey punch (all of these tools you can buy at Scrapbooks-Plus). Keeping the design consistent for every page makes it really easy - and fast. I used a lot of buttons (Rusty Pickle) to add some excitement to the pages.

These Basic Grey albums are super easy to decorate for any birthday - not just a dog's!

No comments: