Thursday, July 30, 2009

Go to Items...

What are your scrapbooking necessities? What are the things you use constantly? One of your coworkers is just getting into scrapbooking; what are the three things that you would recommend to that person? I know when I first started scrappin’ a few years back, I was so overwhelmed. I didn’t know what I needed, I knew that there were a lot of things that looked pretty and tons of things that I just knew I “wanted” but I had NO idea what I NEEDED. After a few years of trial and error and getting rid of things and buying new things and more things I have found my three go to items. These three items I use over and over and over. I find myself constantly looking for them if I don’t have them for whatever reason.

Everybody needs a good adhesive and everybody has their preference. One thing is for sure, and it may take some time to find the one you like but once you do it is it. Nothing else will quite measure up.








For me my adhesive of choice is the ATG. I just love it, the one draw back of the ATG is that once you have it down that puppy is not coming up nicely. This can be a good thing and a bad thing.











Another item for me is the ruler. I find myself measuring things a lot more than I ever thought I would. For this I love the Tim Holtz ruler. The reason for this is because not only is it C-thru but it "0" starts at the end of the ruler, so I don't have to line anything up.






My other go to item is my trimmer. Everybody needs a 12" trimmer. I have tried all types after my beloved Creative Memories one just bit the dust. Currently my favorite 12" trimmer is the Fiskars Rotary Trimmer.



What are your go to/must have items for scrapbooking?
Don't forget the Design Team will have their new wall of goodies up on the 1st of August, stop in and look around. While you are at it, pick up some of the goodies and play along with us for the monthly challenge!
Have a great day!


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

The three things I would recommend to someone getting started with the hobby are to invest upfront in a quality photo printer, paper trimmer and adhesive gun. I think that the photo trimmer and adhesive gun should be built to last.

I use a Rotatrim as my trimmer and the Scotch ATG for my adhesive gun. Both are very sturdy and built to last, and they have also both been used for years by professionals outside the scrapbook industry. They are definitely well-made, tried-and-true products.

For the photo printer, I recommend a high quality wide-format printer like the Epson R1900 {the one I have}. I gives me nearly unlimited options for photo size and even is large enough for me to print my digital 12"x12" layouts.