Friday, July 3, 2009

More Gridwork... More Photos


Those of you who are familiar with my scrapbooking know that Erin is a one-page layout kind of girl. And those one-page layouts I make usually feature 1 or 2 photos... sometimes 3. That's just how I do it. I joke that it's because I have a small workspace... and there just isn't room on my desk for a two-page layout. When I do make myself do a two-page layout, I often only make it to 4 photos... so obviously the workspace is not the issue! {blush}


There are a lot of scrapbookers out there that are much better than me at getting as many photos as possible on a layout, while still having a neat and clean look. Since it's not my forte, I have a secret weapon to get those photos on there and still be happy with the outcome. That secret weapon is the grid.


Using a grid is nice and easy... cut everything into a square and line it up. This method also helps when you have pictures that aren't of the same subject or photos with lots of varying colors. Cutting them all to the same size and shape creates a nice, neat repetition. In this layout all my photos were cropped into 3 3/4 inch squares. My focal picture was kept as a 4x6 and was also placed on contrasting patterned paper to help in stand out. Placing the grid on dark red cardstock helped minimize the crazy color combos and didn't draw attention to the edges of the photos... which hides any slight placement or cropping imperfections.



Under the title is a removable accordian album attached to the page with regular old velcro. Inside is the guest list, menu, party info, and the story of the day. There's a lot of information on the front and the back... so having the velcro is helpful to make all of it accessible. The accordian is fine in a regular album... but up on the wall it's a little flopsy. So colored paperclips - decorated with fiber and ribbon, of course - to the rescue!




thanks for stopping by!
erin

1 comment:

Deborah Mahnken said...

I love the minialbum included on your LO!