Monday, July 6, 2009

Birthday's and More ...


Leah did a wonderful job picking these papers, I picked up this transparency out of the birthday papers in the back of Scrapbooks-plus near the 7 gypsy things...it is made by Best Creations. I didn't know what I was going to do with it when I got it originally. But I knew it would be great for something :)

I added some Tim Holtz ink to the arrows but I realize in the picture you can not really see that...and in order to attach it the secret is behind the little stars and candies on the outside. There are little tiny glue dots behind those items to insure that the transparency does not go anywhere. The 3 is a Tim Holtz grunge board, this is really fun to work with if you haven't run by the store and pick some up. ***Note, it really absorbs paint so it will require multi layers of paint.***

To get the picture exactly where I wanted it I played with it then lightly marked where I wanted it to go with a pencil. Once it was where I wanted I then glued it down. I was concentrated on getting the picture in the pre-made box, I didn't realized that it was going to give my son a "dirt streak" on his face. ***he didn't have a dirty face, he would die before he went around with a dirty face...

In my family we don't really have "birthday party's" this paper still worked. I have so many siblings and they all have kids we do family get togethers. The family brings the cake and the supplies the party spot and the rest bring food, and the fun is had within the family. What are your Birthday traditons?

We were taught the family that plays together stays together. We play together....hope our kids remember that the family that plays together stays together. Because this picture was actually taken at the Baltimore Aquarium on my DS birthday I just wrote Happy in the "B" in Birthday. Again we took a pass on the birthday party, and his Ya-Ya (greek for Grandma) and Pa-Pa did something for him.

Don't forget to join in our contest and show us your best birthday layout(s). Happy Scrappin'

1 comment:

Coffee said...

I love the transparency, great job!!!