Thursday, July 23, 2009

Got Wallets?

I don't know about you, but I always take tons of pictures at birthday parties and then I want to use them all on my layouts to help me remember the events of the day.

Question: How do you get 8 pictures on 2 pages and not have it look too crowded?

Answer: Wallet sized photos!


Most photo processing services offer the option of printing wallets - approximately 2"x3" in size. I use Photoshop to layout 2 pictures on a 4"x6" before I send them to print and then just cut them in half when I get them home. (I recommend this if you have photo-editing software as it saves money and keeps you from having extra wallets laying around.)


.


My 2 page layout is very easy to put together. I used 2 sheets of red cardstock as a base and then split a sheet of patterned paper in half and positioned it to create a center block in the middle of the 2 pages. I grabbed the Bo Bunny paper with the large polka dots all lined up in neat rows and cut 4 strips. I used 2 of them to frame the center block and the other 2 were used to create a border on the outside edges of the layout. Surprise! The space in between is exactly the right size for wallet sized pics! The focal image is a 5"x7" and it "jumps the gutter" between the 2 pages. I also added a 4"x6" on the left side of the center block. Final photo count - 8 pictures and still plenty of room for a very large title!

Details: Red Candy Dots and red buttons repeat the pattern found in the polka dot border strips.

I cut out a present from the KI paper and used it as a photo corner/accent.

The trusty Dymo label maker came out again along with the CLEAR tape, which I love because it makes it so easy to color coordinate!

.

Thanks to everyone who participated in our Design Team Challenge this month. Entries were due on the 21st. We will announce the winner of the gift certificate to Scrapbooks Plus soon!

2 comments:

Esther said...

I like it! I like it! Good way to use more photos on the page.

matushka said...

I think wallets rock too! I just put three on a 12x12 and enjoy the white space! :)