Wednesday, July 8, 2009

(Keeping Track of) Birthday Wishes!

I was cleaning out my desk last week, and discovered (buried under my files and appliance warranties) a birthday card sent from a dear friend.
The card was so appropriate, and her thoughts so sweet that I had tucked the card away to keep. But here it was more than a year later, and the card had been lost to the world in the dark recesses of my filing cabinet.
That was what prompted me to use this month's kit to create a special place to store those cards and notes.
The base is a non-descript file folder you can find at any office supply. I kept the embellishment pretty simple; just white card stock and the high contrast of the black printed paper. I carried that stark contrast idea over into the lettering.
For any project like these I highly recommend using FastDry glue. It's the best glue I've found for projects like this, it dries fast, doesn't change color and cleans up easily around the salvage edges of your paper.
This project was fast, easy, and would make a great little birthday gift for that person who really doesn't want anything but warm wishes!
Happy Crafting!
Loretta

3 comments:

Esther said...

What a clere idea. I must make one for a 95 year old that receives a lot of cards while having a small space for them. Thanks.

Esther said...

That should be clever idea.

Deborah Mahnken said...

This is such a good idea. I'm forever misplacing cards!