Thursday, July 16, 2009

Celebrating Every Day


When our kids are young, the milestones seem to come weekly, or even daily. Celebrating their developmental and social achievements just on birthdays makes the prospect of capturing it all on one single day overwhelming.

That's why I have so many pages like this one in my kids albums, (and why I have so much "birthday" paper in my personal stash).

This page came together quickly, and documents all the special qualities I see as my son marks his first decade on the planet. The photos capture two very different moods... and the journaling records those things that I value most about him during this season of our lives.

Strickly speaking, the printed paper is "birthday" related. But it's also very versitile. Here I used a collection of numbers from a bunch of different chipboard collections, stamped them with ink so they would all be the same color, and layered them on top of the numbered print.

I really like that effect. It seems to capture the movement and fun of this season with my son.
I hope it inspires you to celebrate all your seasons as well.

Loretta

1 comment:

Skye said...

I love the way you made the numbers pop, and how you put the photo corners inside the photo. This layout is simple but very striking.