Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cupcakes!!!!!!!!


So I have joined the cupcake wagon along with Leah, her enthusiasm can be quite catching! I knew when I saw all the fun birthday paper this month, that I needed to make a cupcake box!
It's so much easier to do if you have a Cricut Die-Cutting Machine and the Cricut Design Studio. You can use the Design Studio to make your own things to cut out or you can surf the web and download files that people have already thought of, made, and uploaded! There are so many extremely talented people out there (that are much less spatially challenged than me) and are willing to share. I prefer the surfing the web for things like this- just go to your favorite search engine and type in "Cricut cut files- cupcake box (or whatever you want to search for). I found this wonderful box here: http://cricutsandbutterflies.blogspot.com/2008/03/rubys-mini-cupcake-holder-aka-laneys.html
I added acetate or transparency to create a little window on the lid and then embellished with ribbon and flowers. It's quick, easy and makes an adorable gift box to give cupcakes in! You could also just take out the cupcake holder and fill it with anything! Yum!

1 comment:

matushka said...

This box is too cute! :)