Saturday, July 25, 2009

Birthday Fun


I did a several layouts of my nephew's first birthday and still had so many photos left that it was easy to fill this layout with them. He had an Elmo cake so these papers matched perfectly. One of my new favorite embellishments is the Candy Dots by Pebbles Inc. We got them in a previous kit and I've been hooked ever since! My nephew is now almost 4 and every time he comes over tries to convince me they are real candy and we should eat them. :-) They come in lots of fun colors and I find myself using them all the time. One thing I did on this layout is add a few to the red dot circle on the right-side page. I just covered a few of the printed dots with my candy dots, and voila! It just adds a little dimension that helps finish off a page. Have fun trying a new embellishment when you play today. I'm off to make cards!

1 comment:

matushka said...

I love how you added the squares in this layout... it really balances everything so nicely and ties the 2 pages together. Great job!