Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cake Tower - Take Two

With the Doodlebug cupcake paper, many of us were inspired to make cupcake-y things this month.... like the cupcake box, the cupcake-shaped gift card holder, and cake stand. I also was thinking about cake and made a cake tower of little decorated wooden boxes inspired by one I saw at GASC. I couldn't find a proper stand for my cakes, so I substituted a scallop-edged tray and pail turned upside down and glued together. These are going to make a great gift for someone!
I used my Xyron to adhere the paper to the boxes and added the ribbons and trim with Zip Dry. The scallops on the top of the larger box and cake plate are semi-free hand. I used Adirondak Dabbers to dab a circle around the edges and then followed over the design with my paintbrush to smooth it out and fill in the middle. Super easy!
thanks for stopping by!
erin

No comments: