Friday, March 27, 2009

That Was New York by Esther




When our family last visited New York in May 1995, there was a magnificent skyline, including the dominate Twin Towers. The Empire State Building gave us a vantage to take photos of the city. Our trip was planned to attend the Broadway play, "Having Our Say" at the National Theatre. Yellow taxis offered daring rides in Manhattan. We saw MOMA, the Statue of Liberty, and the Empire State Building. I posed next to a bronze statue outside our hotel.
The journaling was printed on photo paper on the computer in Microsoft Publisher fonts Ariel and Broadway. The boxes of text were given a dark background fill. Each text box was trimmed to fit the spaces.


I used the striped paper from the Marrakech line to offer color and emphasis of direction. The blue cardstock is Basic Grey Marrakech blue. Dark rectangles lend themselves to support the vertical skyscrapers in the photos. When you want to accent the photos, leave the background solid.

3 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Seeing that skyline always comes with such a reaction...I do love the way you did your journaling blocks and printed them on photo paper. You are a hybvrid scrapper! Who knew?!

matushka said...

I love that little taxicab! :)

Esther said...

I was delighted to find those precious photos in my stash. Most of the time I stack my journaling in text boxes and print a whole sheet to be cut apart. Saves time and paper. If you want, different fonts and colors can be added to the text boxes. The photo paper gives a good surface to print clearly.