Sunday, March 29, 2009

Circles EVERYWHERE...



I typically really struggle with double layouts. I just don’t do them so I am always looking for inspiration. I found this sketch some place or another ( I believe it was Creating Keepsakes) and it caught my eye. I would be able to display lots of different papers as well as display lots of pictures. I used different sized plates as the templates for my circles.
This layout was simple but fun. I think I may add another circle to do some journaling.

That brings up a question – do you ever go back and add things to your layouts or do you just let it be and move onto something else?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

matushka said...

How do you make your circle of pics? Do you crop them to fit into the circle... or do you stick them all on and then cut it into a circle?

Loretta Cooper said...

LOVE the circles! Great way to layer patterned papers!

Loretta Cooper said...

Great follow up questions by the way!
I usually hang my "finished layouts" on my project board for a few days before filing them away in an album. If it's a layout I am happy with, I get to enjoy it a while. If not, sometimes a fix will occur to me after a couple days. As often as not, I find myself REMOVING stuff from a dysfunctional layout, as adding to it!

(I've also been known to tear dysfunctional pages out of books years later and redo them... but they medicate people for that kind of crazy behavior, so I try not to tell too many people...)

Esther said...

The circles are clever. I like the use of so many pictures. When I finish the layout, I am done. Sometimes I reprint the photos and do another version later.

SharonVM said...

I'm always adding stuff to layouts. Debbie will get something new and totally cool in the store that I just know will go with some layout I finished three months ago - so I go to the book, pull it out and figure out what I can move around (without too much damage) and add it in. But I don't redo them - unless I really do alot of damage. Too much to do and too little time!
(and I love your circles)