Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Hard Day's WORK


Right now I am on a boat somewhere in the British Virgin Islands with my husband, his sister and her husband, and my children on our annual Spring Break getaway....And I can still publish my blog posting on time!

This two page design of my boys building a driftwood fort on the beach last summer was inspired by a page map sketch from Becky Fleck. I really love to use page maps and sketches to help get my creativity moving when I'm in a funk (which I've been). Ever get to a point where you just can't even start a page? Trust me, those page maps and sketches can really help!

All the papers (except for the Bazzil Cardstockused to create the circles) is Basic Grey's Marrakech line. I used four different patterned papers and two sheets of solid/distressed paper from the kit. The orange in my boys' swimshirts matched perfectly with the orange in this line. I used my Fiskars shape cutter and circles templates to create the circles, which are deliberately thinner on one side than the other - so perfection is not required!
Basic Grey paper and Becky Fleck page maps just go hand in glove together. You can buy Becky's book at Scrapbooks-Plus. It will be a great tool for you when your creativity just runs dry!

3 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I was wondering how you did the circles! I managed to create a simlar effect with the Cricut, but using the Fiskars shape cutter would be much easier. I have to tell you - at the Cricut Swarm last Saturday night, there was a lady "scraplifting" your 2 page January LO - glittered circle and all - and it was looking good! So you provided a "page sketch" for someone else - Karma is a good thing.
Hope you are having fun and taking lots of pictures!

Coffee said...

I love this layout! I always get nervous mixing more than one or two patterns but these look so great together! What a great job!

matushka said...

I really like those circles! They really pull everything together. :)