Friday, March 13, 2009

A simple and functional Frame


I love to have a current picture of my little boy on my desk in my office. This picture frame is the perfect way to do so. It was easy to put together and only took a short while to do so.

I popped out the glass painted the edge...a raw edge is so ugly. I added adhesive to the paper remember when you make your own to add adhesive around where your window is. :)

Then I cut his name (rather what we call him), again I used the Storybook Cricut cartridge that I borrowed from Laura. (Thanks Laura, I love it and I am gonna have to get my own.) Then I added the Diamond glaze and sprinkled with the Martha Steward glitter. I LOVE THAT STUFF! Pick up a bottle from Scrapbooks Plus if you haven't done so already. I layered the flowers added a button and called it done.

Now when all is said and done, I have a simple frame to take to my desk and bring the one that is there home and redo all over again. Simple is really the way to go for my desk at work, all the ladies at the office want to touch it and want to look at how things are glued on. You can make these as elaborate or as simple as you like. Check out Leah's. She really did a beautiful job on her's and it is the same frame. We didn't plan that...Though fun to see what we both did with it.

Happy Scrappin...

3 comments:

matushka said...

A great way to feature a patterned paper that's SO beautiful too! :)

Coffee said...

I saw your frame as well as Leah's I loved your frame and loved the two different takes on using picture frames. I really need to go frame shopping now!

Esther said...

Nice way to have your son around the office. Good job.