Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lovin' that Bracket Paper

I love the die cut paper from Making Memories in our March kit. The bracket shapes are great to use as photo frames or with a photo collage. I rarely use an entire piece on one layout, instead cutting it into sections. For these two layouts, I cut my paper into two pieces and used both of them underneath my photos. The bracket points can be used like arrows to draw attention - here I used it to "point" towards my title.

I also used the black crystal swirls from Fancy Pants I picked up at Scrapbooks Plus and layered some of the stickers from the Basic Grey sheet around the corner of my photo.


For this layout I used the smaller strip underneath my photo. It provides a nice contrast with the floral pattern of the Basic Grey paper. The large flower was made from layers of the stickers, a fabric flower, and a button. And the bottom of the flower isn't even a flower - it's a bird sticker!

4 comments:

Loretta Cooper said...

Gorgeous Work Deb... really beautiful!

matushka said...

I love the bracket too! ... and the black crystals are so nice. Does Debbie have more?! ;-)

SharonVM said...

I like the clean lines of both layouts and how you were able to get two different looks (and layouts)from one bracket sheet.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I love them both - I always struggle with what to do with the die cut paper - I am almost afraid to cut it - but you may have just inspired me!