Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Play Ball!

I love, love, love this paper! If I had had more time, there would have been trouble paring down what I made. I have already bought more to make sure I don't run out, because with a roomful of paper, that's a huge risk right? Ok so I confess, I am a paper hoarder on top of an inkaholic. Anyway, I had lots of fun and was very lucky that pictures of my Papaw happened to work well with these colors. My Papaw played Senior Softball till he was 81, he loved it! They were so cute when they played, when I lived in Oklahoma I would go to the games with my Grandma and cheer them on. Unfortunately I wasn't a scrapper back when I went to his games so I don't have any home run pics. But he did hit a few! With this layout, I of course, inked everything. I also got to play with some Basic Grey Clear Stamps that coordinate with the Marrakech line. Buttons are also a great embellishment, I find myself reaching for them everytime I scrap. Basic Grey also makes buttons to match their paper lines, and once again, they are some of my faves!

Journaling is always a challenge for me, I actually journaled on both layouts this month and that is a rare occasion for me. Usually my idea of journaling is writing the person's name under the picture. But I have found one way to make journaling more enjoyable..... the computer! I have learned that I can type it, fix all the mistakes, play with fonts, and then print out pretty, neat journaling that looks great! You can print right onto colored cardstock. I usually use MSWord and put my journaling into text boxes. When you use a text box, you can format the size to make it fit where you need it to. For this layout, I made a box the size I wanted and then made several boxes with each piece of it, like "play" was in it's own box and "ball" was in another. That way you can move them around, then when you have it all the way you want it, just right-click on format text box and remove the lines. Voila!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Michelle, I didn't know you were that tallented in Word! I didn't really think about using text boxes before! I just usually move my borders, but this is so much easier. Why haven' t you shared this with me before????? Great job!

Lisa H said...

Great LO!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

The graphic element of the journaling block adds so much to this layout, it was worth the effort. The arrows are a terrific idea, too. You managed to include so many elements & papers, but it is not too busy...they just make the pictures pop! Great job!

Coffee said...

Wow! You girls sure know how to flatter a girl! Thanks! Leah, so sorry I've been keeping that little "secret" from you. :-)

matushka said...

Totally love the arrows!