Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mini-Book


I used the Basic Grey papers to make a minibook of our recent trip out to California. The chipboard book is Maya Road. It's an accordian book and it comes with the o-rings already holding the pages together. These kind of minibooks are easy to display, but if you want to keep it folded you can easily tie a ribbon on one of the loops and wrap it around.

Minibooks are fun -- and easy to make if you use a consistent sketch for each page. My first decision was to leave part of the chipboard page showing around the edges. This saved time because I didn't have to take all the pages apart. However, if you don't like the raw chipboard you could always paint it first or use a spray such as Glimmer Mist to coat the background.

Next, I decided on a scheme. I divided my page into thirds - the top 1/3 and the bottom 2/3 (well, except for one page). I alternated blocks of patterned paper and photos, rounding the corners. To divide the two sections I used a strip of ribbon or border stickers from the Basic Grey sticker sheet.

After I had the pages assembled I pulled a few buttons and sticker flowers to embellish a few of the pages. I used a journaling stamp on some of the paper for my journaling.

The back side of the accordian book:

4 comments:

matushka said...

I love this book... very clean and fresh looking! :)

SharonVM said...

I like the repetition in the design - makes it easy to put to together and without too much stress...which I tend to have when putting together mini books.

Skye said...

Oooh, I love it! I will have to try the pattern repetition in my next mini book... will be able to finish it faster. There's nothing more satisfying than completing a project, which is one of the great things about mini books!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

what a great little keepsake - beautiful and sturdy - for the little hands. I will have to try this recipe!