Friday, March 20, 2009

Die-Cut Sticker Tips

One of the items in our kits this month was a sheet of die-cut cardstock stickers from the Marrakech line. The designs were lovely and different from anything else I've seen. I knew that I wanted to use as many as I could. The cardstock sticker designs are printed over the edges... which for me sometimes makes it hard for me to get a feel for exactly what it will look like when I peel it off of the sheet. Also some of the intricate die cuts in this set were a bit challenging to remove from the backing since they were so delicate. Here's what I did to make it easier:

First I cut out the portion of the sheet that I wanted to use.



Then I carefully peeled off the cardstock surrounding the sticker so I can see what I'm working with. With this piece I tore parts of the waste area off little by little to be sure not to tear the die-cut.


Once this was done, I could easily tell what it would look like on the finished project.


For my layout, I layered a number of the die-cuts together with a flower cut from the patterned paper. A sprig of rubons from My Mind's Eye - Laundry Line was the perfect color match. I added a few die-cut stickers over top of the rubon to help tie it all together.



thanks for stopping by!
erin

4 comments:

Esther said...

Thanks for the good tips for using the delicate stickers. I will try that.

Kim said...

I struggled so much with those darn things...thanks for the know-how!

Loretta Cooper said...

Great Tips!
Thanks for the post.

SharonVM said...

I didn't use that sticker in my last submission AND I have those rub-ons from My Minds Eye that I bought at the store a few weeks back...A scraplift just might be in my future!! Love the layout!